Warm feijoa chutney
Preparation time10 mins
Cook time10 mins
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 medium-sized lemon, zest and juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1kg feijoas, skin removed, halved
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
Heat oil in a pan over a medium-low heat and add garlic and ginger, stirring to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add lemon zest, juice, sugar, mustard, chilli paste and fish sauce, stirring until sugar melts.
Add feijoas and increase heat to a simmer, cooking until fruit collapses.
Add sesame oil and coriander leaves, mixing to combine.
Remove from heat and serve immediately. Delicious served with pork, turkey or duck.