- 1kg Quality Mark premium diced or stir fry beef
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp Mexican chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Grated rind 1 lime or lemon
- 2 yellow peppers, sliced
- Baby lettuce greens for 6
- Mint leaves
- 2 avocados, halved, peeled & sliced
- 1 mango, halved, peeled & sliced
- 1 green chilli
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- Mission estate cabernet merlot , 750ml
In a large bowl mix together paprika, Mexican chilli powder, oil, brown sugar & lime or lemon rind. Add meat and turn over so coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap & refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Heat a dash of oil in a heavy-based frying or grill pan. Add steak to the hot pan & cook 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from pan & allow to rest while finishing the salad. Add peppers to pan & cook only until lightly grilled, then set aside. Mix lettuce, ½ cup mint leaves & peppers, then arrange avocados, mango & beef slices on top & finish by drizzling dressing. Serve warm.
Dressing In a blender mix together plain yoghurt, 2 Tbsp oil, 8-10 mint leaves, green chilli, deseeded and sliced. Blend until smooth.