- 5 parsnips, peeled, quartered lengthways
- 5 carrots, peeled, quartered lengthways
- 2 red capsicums, seeds removed, cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, peeled, cut into wedges loose
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 50g butter, softened
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus extra small sprigs to garnish
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Place the parsnips, carrots, capsicums and onions in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
Place the butter, garlic and thyme in a small bowl and mix to combine. Dot the garlic butter over the vegetables. Roast for 40-45 minutes, or until lightly browned, tossing once or twice during cooking so vegetables brown evenly.
Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with small sprigs of thyme.
Per Serve • Energy 774Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 9g • Saturated Fat 4g • Carbohydrates 19g • Sugars 14g • Sodium 322mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation