- Cubed watermelon - 3 cups
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Fresh peaches cut into cubes - 3 cups
- Basil leaves, torn - 1/2 cups
- Baby spinach leaves - 3 cups
- Toasted hazelnuts - 1/2 cup
In a small bowl whisk the oil and vinegar and set aside.
In a large bowl toss the watermelon, peaches, basil and spinach until mixed. Add the oil and vinegar dressing and transfer to a serving dish.
Crush the hazelnuts with the flat side of a knife or place in a small resealable bag and bash with a rolling pin. Scatter hazelnuts over the salad and serve.
To add a salty, creamy element, try adding some crumbled feta cheese just before serving.
PER SERVE • Energy 807Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 15g • Sugars 15g • Sodium 3mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation