Fruit Salad with Mint Lime Granita
Preparation time15 mins
Cook time5 mins
- Honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, sliced - 1/2
- Punnet strawberries, hulled, halved - 250
- Granny smith apple, sliced - 1
- Peaches, stones removed, cut into 2cm slice - 2
- Plums, stones removed, cut into quarters - 2
- Sparkling white wine or grape juice, chilled - 1 cup
- Lime juice, plus 4 wide strips of zest - 1/3 cup
- Caster sugar - 1/4 cup
- Peppermint teabag - 1
- Chopped mint - 1/4 cup
To make the granita, combine 2 cups of water, lime juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Add zest and teabag and bring to a simmer.
Remove from heat to infuse for 3-4 minutes. Remove teabag and zest. Allow to cool, then stir in mint and transfer to a shallow metal tray. Freeze for 2-3 hours until set.
Combine fruit in a large glass bowl and gently mix. Pour over wine and keep chilled.
When ready to serve, take granita out of the freezer. Using a fork, scrape along granita to form ice chips and spoon over the fruit.
PER SERVE • Energy 674Kj • Protein 1g • Total Fat 0g • Saturated Fat 0g • Carbohydrates 30g • Sugars 30g • Sodium 21mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation