Old Fashioned Apple & Pear Crumble
Cook time30 mins
- Plain flour - 2 cups
- Brown sugar - 1 cup
- Butter, cut into small diced cubes - 200 g
- Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Large apples, peeled, cored & sliced - 3
- Ripe pears, peeled, cored & sliced - 3
- Lemon for zest and juice - 1
- Caster sugar - ½ cup
- Raisins - ½ cup
- Vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Put the flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon into a food processor and process until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Set aside.
Toss the apple and pear slices, zest, juice, caster sugar and raisins together and spread in an even layer in a deep ovenproof dish.
Sprinkle the flour and brown sugar mixture evenly on top of the apple mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes until the apples are soft and the top is well browned and crisp.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.